Sunday, October 5, 2008

Gone so Long...

Well, it's been an insane amount of time since I have been blogging... and I feel rather bad. I have some reasons, of course, but still. I am considering whether or not to pull it down, or work on getting things posted. In the meantime, here are some of my reasons for not posting:


-This summer, with the two graduate level classes I was taking, just about wiped me out.

-This school year has made me inordinately angry. We lost our awesome, amazing AP and got someone who's just not as good... or nice.

-Our guidance counselor is inexperienced, so that made for a TERRIBLE start to the year.

-I am confused about how much I can post without hurting the children's privacy. I mean, I don't think my current approach of 'wash everything of a name' is anything that would be likely to cause anyone distress, but if a parent does complain, I don't want to be in trouble.

-As I started back to school this year, I promptly started another graduate level course. The good news on that is I finish the class in about two weeks, and then I am finished with my endorsement! Hooray!

So... I will likely begin posting some odd bits here and there, but we'll have to see about if I get back to posting regularly. I hope so, because I think it's a good outlet for me... but it's been difficult recently!

Next time, I will post about some of the craziness of starting school... it's such a strange time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by the blog with book recommendations, I really appreciate it. Good to see you back to blogging but I hear you on how hard it is. I never had much free time when I was teaching, unless I was procrastinating and blogging instead of grading :) It was always stressful to take courses during the school year so it's great you were able to take a couple of them over the summer. I hope your guidance counselor gets up to speed quickly because it is amazing how invaluable the non-teaching staff of a school can be.